MypleStory Forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MypleStory Forums
MypleStory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» #MUST READ# How To join the Staff as a GM/GFX/DEV/ADMIN .
iPhone VS Android? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:22 pm by love you xx z

» DualBlader 4th job broken
iPhone VS Android? EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:14 pm by katy-perry

» Is this server ever update since the last updates?
iPhone VS Android? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:52 pm by nedo

» Prizes/JQ/Cool Maps
iPhone VS Android? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:13 pm by teddiexbear

» What job is best?
iPhone VS Android? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:59 am by alicekitty02

» GM Application
iPhone VS Android? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm by [GM]Logan

» Server Down?
iPhone VS Android? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:43 am by Bronzy

» Justin's GM application.
iPhone VS Android? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:11 pm by Empathyy

» daniel gm app :)
iPhone VS Android? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:10 pm by Empathyy

» Chris's GM application
iPhone VS Android? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 pm by Empathyy

» GM Application Windsweper1980
iPhone VS Android? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 pm by Empathyy

» About Gigit and This Server…..
iPhone VS Android? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 pm by Empathyy

» Please some one help me!
iPhone VS Android? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:48 pm by Empathyy

» Hello :) (just a random post)
iPhone VS Android? EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:36 am by Boliz

» Launcher Music
iPhone VS Android? EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:06 pm by WhatIsTheLauncherMusic

Vote for us!
MapleStory Top 100
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 256 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:11 am

iPhone VS Android?

+5
prokilla
[MOD]TheV3mp
Tiffyish
Seena787
[GM]Rest
9 posters

Go down

iPhone VS Android? Empty iPhone VS Android?

Post by [GM]Rest Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:44 am

Hows this for a debate? iPhone vs Android pick your sides! study

iPhone VS Android? Apple-logo

VS

iPhone VS Android? Android-logo

Last edited by Rest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 am; edited 3 times in total
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

iPhone VS Android? Empty Re: iPhone VS Android?

Post by [GM]Rest Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am

I would personally pick an iphone over android. Smile
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seena787 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 am

I have both and personally I'm with apple just because the android has such a bad touch screen. I'm playing a game on apple I swipe the screen and it instantly happens. I'm playing a game on android I swipe the screen and 2 seconds later it happens. But android is getting a App Store or Adult Material only (If you know what I mean).
Seena787
Seena787
Admin
Admin

https://myplestory.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

iPhone VS Android? Empty Nope..

Post by Tiffyish Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:39 am

Hey guys, I finally made an account here just to reply to this:

Android OS is way better than the apple iOS. Hands down. The only problem that Android has is that each phone uses a different version of the OS, so making apps is annoying and not every app will work on every version.

HOWEVER, there is a much larger assortment of useful apps and business-oriented ones for the Android. I find that Android phones are much less laggy, MUCH less expensive, and

The touchscreen problems mentioned have nothing to do with the OS, but the phone you have and what type of screen it has. iPhones have a capacitive touchscreen, which means it works through electricity. It will only work if you use your finger directly or a special stylus, which Apple OF COURSE charges more for (though you can get 3rd-party ones for much cheaper). This screen is more sensitive to movement, which is why apple thinks it's great (and others feel they have to press too hard on resistive screens), but in practice it just means there is a higher chance for mistakes in typing, drawing, what have you.

Most other touchscreens use a different type of screen: resistive screen. You can use your phone while wearing gloves (useful in the winter), or with any generic stylus, etc.
You can also click and draw MUCH more accurately this way! This is VERY important to me, because I generally use these phones (my dad's iPhone, my sister's android phone) to play Draw Something. Even with a stylus, I'm often frustrated with lines being out of place while drawing on an iPhone. There's no problem with the Droid phone, which is much more accurate even when I'm just using my finger.

Beyond that, Android phones are much more compatible with other devices & computers than anything that runs iOS. Apple requires that you download iTunes, and uses proprietary software & plugs for all of their devices. This SUCKS, because if you ever break or lose one, you pay $30+ for a new cord. Android phones use micro-USB and mini-USB. Much smarter, much cheaper, and everybody already has these plugs for their other devices (mp3 players, etc)!

And I don't know about you, but I HATE iTunes. Anything that requires that I use iTunes in order to get songs onto any of my devices is already a loser. iTunes is clunky, slow, and overall.. an entire pile of crap. And since we're talking about proprietary crap.. you do realize that with the iPhone, as with any apple product (iTouch, any apple mp3 player really), you can't replace the battery? If your phone's battery craps out, you're outta luck! Buy a new phone. Or send it to repairs, which will probably cost more overall what with service fees and sending it in if you don't go in person.

iPhones and other apple products are much too bloated. As with any apple product, you are paying for the brand and not for usability or service. And what a waste! The iOS is often buggy, slow, needs to be reset often (oh god.. the number of times I've had to reset the stupid iPhone). It's not any easier to use than my sister's android phone, though the one-touch home button IS a nice touch (and not to mention, the ONLY thing iOS has on android). You can't customize an iPhone as well as you can an android phone, with custom colors, menus, wallpapers, etc.

And those are just the basics! Beyond that, Android OS has a much better integration system with popular social networks.. like twitter, tumblr, facebook, Google+, and Dropbox (not social network but still an amazing file sharing service).
If we're nitpicking, besides that Android OS has better (and FREE!) versions of most apps that iPhone users have, it also allows you to view your data usage MUCH more clearly than the iOS does. Contact organization is cleaner, faster, and therefore better. Multitasking on Android OS is much easier, as you can see all your apps at once and easily switch between them (whereas on the iPhone, you double-click the home button and all you can see is the row of icons of opened apps...). You can easily pick out your favorites or somebody from a group of contacts, rather than typing in their name or scrolling through your entire list on the iOS. If you use gmail for your primary email, then Android OS has MUCH smoother integration than any iOS app does.
Also, because the camera isn't made to cater to what real photographers call "instagram hoars," the camera app and the camera itself is generally better on a phone running Android OS than the iPhone (have you SEEN the Motorola Droid RAZR picture samples?! Better than most point-and-shoot cameras!).

Do you want to use something like Siri on any iPhone older than the iPhone 4S? That's too bad, as Siri ONLY comes with the 4S and whatever newer versions apple will eventually spew out. However, with Android OS, this feature is available for (in some cases, still in development for) any Android OS. That means you don't have to buy the newest phone just to have voice integration or speech-to-text, etc.

I could really go on, but it's pointless. If you know anything about computing, you'll go with the android. If you're too lazy to figure out all of the settings on your phone, or how to use them, or downloading apps to view your usage (RAM, memory, apps installed, and data usage)... then you'll be sticking with your iOS. It almost fits the old stereotype of nerds using androids and old people/noobs using iOS, except that even old people and noobs deserve better. Honestly, this isn't even a debate.
What would be more worthwhile to hear would be Windows 8 mobile OS vs Android OS, etc. Windows 8 is an up-and-coming operating system. Though I hate its interface for use on the computer, it's perfect for mobile devices and smartphones. Genius, really. Beautiful and minimalistic.

Tiffyish

http://tiffyish.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seena787 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:54 am

All valid points. I think you just won the debate
Seena787
Seena787
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Rest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Very nice arguments we have out there! Also I feel honored, Tiffyish, that you created an account for this thread. I hope to see you around sometime! Smile
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

iPhone VS Android? Empty RE: iPhone vs Android

Post by [MOD]TheV3mp Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm

1. Hardware: Choice vs. Polish
Hardware is the first place that the differences between the iPhone and Android become clear. Apple is the only company that makes iPhones, giving it extremely tight control over how the software and hardware work together. On the other hand, Google offers its Android software to many phone makers (Samsung, HTC, LG, and Motorola, among others, offer Android phones). As a result, Android phones vary quite a bit in size, weight, features, user experience, and quality.

It’s not uncommon to hear that some Android phones regularly overheat or freeze up or that some models are simply low quality. This inconsistency of quality isn’t an issue for the iPhone.

Apple offers users a single choice: what model of iPhone do you want (3GS, 4 or 4S), not what company’s phone and then what model. Of course, some people may prefer the greater choice Android offers. Others, though, will appreciate the simplicity and quality offered by the iPhone.

2. Screen Size: How Big Is Too Big?
If you're looking for the biggest screens available on smartphones, Android is your clear choice. It's not uncommon to find Android phones with 4.3-inch screens, and the HTC One X offers a 4.7-inch screen, while the Samsung Galaxy Note stretches the ruler at 5.3 inches. So, for sheer size, Android it is.

The question, of course, is whether a screen that big on a phone is actually a good idea. After all, phones go in our pockets or purses, they're held in our hands and to our faces, where huge devices may not necessarily be a benefit. And as we've seen already, large screens consume more battery power.

To date, Apple has always offered the same size screen on the iPhone: 3.5 inches. Instead of making it bigger, its new screens are better: the Retina Display technology makes them much higher-resolution than Android screens. Still, if it's raw size you're after, Android's the choice. This brings me to my next point.

3. Battery life : Which lasts longer?
The most important thing about a phone is the lifespan of the battery. People usually switch phones from time to time due to obsolescence(outdated). However, others may not switch phone too many times in a decade.

Some Android models now have 4-inch screen or 4G LTE networking, both of which burn through much more battery life. To get a sense of what that means, some 4G LTE Android phones are being touted as successes because they can work 8 hours straight without a charge. That means they don't last an entire day, just a work day. I'm sure the faster networking is great, but that's too much of a trade-off for me.

Bottom Line
The decision of whether to buy an iPhone or Android phone isn’t as simple. That’s because this wouldn't count towards different people.In the end, you’ll need to decide what factors are most important to you and then choose the phone that best meets your needs.

DISCLAIMER : I didn't write this. Just took some relevant points.
[MOD]TheV3mp
[MOD]TheV3mp

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Rest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:50 pm

You have some nice information there. Very Happy
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffyish Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 am

"This inconsistency of quality isn’t an issue for the iPhone."
The inconsistency of build, battery life, weight, and features doesn't exist for the iPhone, which is not necessarily a good thing.. once you consider how poor those are. To make a point of overheating and freezing is a mistake here. Wink The iPhone regularly overheats (and gives a message warning about overheating which doesn't help with the problem) and you regularly hear of people who need to stick their iPhones in the freezer for half an hour before they can use it again. This happens especially when trying to multitask, or when using face-to-face apps (which require a lot of resources).

And consistent weight -- who wants that? People want lighter phones. The iPhone 4S has much less (internally) than some android phones -- but it still weighs more! While they're sticking to "slick-looking" brushed aluminum, etc. the iPhones are still generally pretty heavy for their size.

Though you were making a point for the iPhone, the general lack of choice is a problem with the iPhone, not a bonus.
"Apple is the only company that makes iPhones, giving it extremely tight control over how the software and hardware work together."
Yes, but that means they can also charge whatever they like for any whole or part of their products. In the air conditioning industry, there's a brand called Trane that makes its AC units such that they require a special compressor unit that no other brand uses. Because they are also the only company to make this compressor, they can charge as high as they'd like for it. One of these Trane compressors costs MORE THAN a brand new A/C unit itself. Apple works in a similar way. Because everything is done within apple, they choose which carriers have the phone, who can sell it, what features different carriers have.. etc.
In fact, every iPhone's internal memory is.. well, internalized! That is, the iPhone offers no external memory. To get more memory on your phone for apps, photos, videos, and what-have-you, you must buy a different version of the phone. These only come in three sizes: 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. That's all well and good, but what if you won't be using that much space? If 16GB is more than you need (and it generally is), you're still paying for the extra space that you won't be using. It's like buying a 4-bedroom house when you only need 2 bedrooms. Or maybe you're a super user and need more than 64 GB. That's too bad! Androids, on the other hand, will allow you to use micro-SD and run apps off of them. If you need only a little bit of memory, you can buy 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 64GB SDHC cards. If you need more, there are micro-SD cards available (SDXC) that can hold as much as 2TB!! That's TERAbytes, not gigabytes. Of course, most phones today only support up to 64gb; but if users want it, larger sizes will be implemented. Larger sizes that will significantly increase the already-high price of an iPhone if it's ever implemented.
It's much cheaper to buy these cards than to buy a phone with a large internal memory storage, and if you ever break your phone or it must be reset, all of your apps would be safe on an external card.

From this point on, I won't be following the order in which you posted, because all of the points you made are related to each other and shouldn't be treated as different topics.

On screen size and battery life:
So some Android phones have large screens. Do you not like that? If you don't believe that bigger is better, then great! You can always choose a phone with a smaller screen. Pick one, any one. There are tons of choices. You can always go smaller or bigger with any Android phone.
Now, pick up your iPhone. If you're like me, it's too big to fit in your pocket. If you're like my dad, it's too small for his very large fingers. Do you see where I'm going with this? Yes, the iPhone has always had a 3.5" screen. That is not a good thing. If you want a smaller screen, you're out of luck. If you want a larger screen, you're still out of luck.

There is no variation, and higher resolutions may make the phone nearly as clear as your monitor, but at small sizes, there's no difference. If you take a screenshot with your iPhone (power + home button) and look at it on a computer monitor, you'll be shocked at how large it is. That much pixel density is not necessary on a smaller phone.
Take this into account: when buying a regular digital camera (point and shoot), do numbers like "16 MP" or even "21-megapixel" come out at you? If you're a general consumer, they probably do. And you've been trained most of your life to think that a higher number is better. What you have not been taught is that a pixel density is useless and even harmful with a smaller-sized sensor. You can buy a 12-, 16-, or even 18-megapixel point and shoot camera nowadays for pretty cheap.. and while you think it's a steal, it's actually because it IS cheap! Bare with me, this does relate to cell phones (exact same argument goes for cameras, but since that's obvious, I'm giving you the screen version).
There's a lot of technical details that go into it, so here's a basic breakdown of megapixels (photography101.org/basics/megapixels_explained.html) and what they mean. Just pretend that the sensor is a screen.

Going back to screen size.. it's funny that you mentioned apple's Retina screen. All the "Retina display" is is just apple jargon; it's their fancy, eye-catching name for something simple: higher resolution. Companies do this all the time, and apple is huge on pulling bs like that to get attention.
Is bigger better? You tell me. While images may be sharper on the iPhone 4s's larger resolution screen than a phone whose screen resolution matches the physical size, is it necessary? You'd have to zoom in over 10x to view a photograph at its actual size to actually get to appreciate the larger resolution. Most websites, games, and other apps (for the phone and computer) do not support such a high resolution, so anything you look at that's made at normal sizes will appear as blurry, pixelated junk because in order to view them at what seems to be the normal size (for the resolution), they must be scaled up. The larger resolution is unnecessary, more expensive, and drains more battery life than a phone with a larger, smaller-resolution screen. That's right: the iPhone has a smaller screen, but still uses more juice to power up that small screen than a larger phone's screen.

More on screen size + battery life: phones with larger screens are larger, no? So while you're trying to make the point that larger-screened phones drain more battery, these phones also have larger batteries! Not only are theses batteries larger, but they tend to be more efficient than the batteries in any phone running iOS.
In fact, the Droid RAZR is one of MANY android phones with a battery that lasts at least two times longer than the iPhone battery does.
Take a look at the newer Samsung Galaxy S3 (that runs android): lighter, faster networking, larger screen WITH a larger resolution, faster processor, and still a better battery life.

"To get a sense of what that means, some 4G LTE Android phones are being touted as successes because they can work 8 hours straight without a charge."
You do realize that the iPhone 4S without 4G or LTE runs for LESS than 8 hours without a charge? So if you keep the 4G LTE on, yeah, you'll have much faster speeds than the iPhone 4S. And your phone will still last longer than the iPhone 4S.

However, if you turn it off when you don't need it or aren't using it (like a smart smartphone user...), then your battery performance will be even better. Bump the settings down to 3G and you'll find that your android phone will outlast the iPhone 4S (running all the same apps with same settings, etc.) by a mile.

Tiffyish

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Rest Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:00 am

Wow you sure do give a good argument, its sad to see you go. I hope you pop around here again soon. Surprised
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by prokilla Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:37 am

Im with apple cuz it has better touch screen mre apps and better shape lol!

prokilla

Back to top Go down

Post by [MOD]TheV3mp Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 am

Aw man, Tiffy. You have some strong points here and there. I can't seem to not disagree but I can't support neither side as I don't own an Iphone or an Android. I have a Nokia. (Not what you are thinking.)

I hate smartphones. Although they may be useful and all for people. However, the companies that made the phones have loss it. Some people just want a basic phone that allows for calling and messaging, not because it has different apps that suit them. E.g : Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I know. Yes, I can buy the old phones again but it's not very sensible to get something that has been depreciated that long. I want a like my old Nokia N90. Back to basic model. No 3G or 4G. No need for all the unnecessary apps. E.g : Instagram, Facebook, etc.

If you ask me, Yes I do enjoy the apps. I have an Ipad that I play games on when I'm bored or to do work. However, the bottom line of all this Iphone VS Android is plain useless. It just shows how much people love their brands so much that they start to compare it to other products. (E.g : Nike VS Adidas) Both products have their ups and downs and no matter which you choose there is a down and up side to it.

Finally, just to summarize things up. Just go with which phone you want and not bother about the revives and debates whatsoever. After all, it's your phone. A phone you will use for a long time. Love it. Treasure it. Enjoy it.

Note: Sorry if I got off-topic.

iPhone VS Android? 17072011
This is my Nokia N90, couldn't bare to drop it away. (It still works!)

[MOD]TheV3mp
[MOD]TheV3mp

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Rest Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

I love Nokia's lol! No shame, but I do have an iPhone at the moment. Razz
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffyish Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey V3mp, I feel exactly the same way. I had an old Nokia too, now I've just got an old Japanese phone. xD I understand why some people may need smartphones for their line of work, but I think they're unnecessary for the most part. I think people pay too much for features they don't need.. I mean, do you really need internet on your phone when you've got a laptop? And portable games when you've got a Nintendo DS and a PSP?

Smartphones will generally last, if you use them throughout the day, 10 hours max. My phone (before I accidentally water-damaged the battery) would last at least 4 days.
People use websites like facebook and instagram too much in their lives on the computer alone. I don't think that having instant access to mobile versions is improving or otherwise bettering their lives in any way.

I'm the same way. I'm upset that nobody makes good general-use phones anymore. The only countries that seem to are Australia and Japan, because the majority of the population (or at least a good chunk of it) there doesn't need to use smartphones. In the future, if I need to upgrade my phone (and I will need to soon), my only choices are VERY basic phones that lack general features I use (T9 for texting, SD card slots, and a decent camera phone to text pictures of my cat to my dad... don't ask, it's something he requires of me LOL) or phones that have too many features, like smartphones. I don't need an MP3 player that is also a camera and handheld gaming device with a phone, you know? Wink

My phone is waterproof, shockproof, large enough for me to text on but small enough for me to fit in my small girly pockets without it falling out. There used to be a small market for phones with these features, but since the huge outpour of smartphones, nobody really makes these phones anymore (unless you live in Japan!).
I've dropped my phone many times, texted in the rain with it, and even used it to take some underwater pictures a few times at the pool and it still works.

iPhone VS Android? Verizon-casio-exilim-c721-hand-on-pictures-2
Note: not my picture xD I don't have a picture of my old Nokia anymore, sadly Sad The char

Smart phones have a lot of features, but none of them are the basic features that every human needs: a well-built, durable, long-lasting phone that makes good phone calls.

Some folks are required to have smart phones (my dad for work carries 2). I agree that you should buy which phone you want, though the debates do matter in the sense that they can help you save some money if you're on a budget ("is this phone really worth it?" "will I have buyer's remorse?" "will it long last enough to be worth my money?"). I find that nowadays, people are swapping out their phones every other year! I've had my phone for longer than 3 years now. My sister has had 4 phones in that same amount of time.

I guess generally, I believe that if you're going to be spending a lot of money on a phone, you might as well do the research and make sure you're getting the most out of what you're buying. While I don't use them myself for my phone needs, I have gotten my hands on quite a few smart phones and, well, if you're making a purchase that'll only last about 2 years, you should make sure they're a good 2 years Wink

I just strongly encourage that if you're going to buy a smart phone, you look at ALL choices with the features you're looking for before just buying what you know from media.

Tiffyish

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddie Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I'd go for the iPhone.
Teddie
Teddie

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Rest Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Same here Teddie, I prefer there iOS and once you jailbreak a iPhone you can do so many things now! What a Face
[GM]Rest
[GM]Rest
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 pm

I'd just go for the iPhone for its popularity and unique features tbh.
Steph
Steph

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned. Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:09 pm

IPHONE BABY ANDRIOD CAN Suck
APPLES **** affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Banned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill4Fun Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:37 pm

i don't get you...you said APPLES **** (so your cursed apple or something 0_0) but you said your prefer iPhone Weird.

Kill4Fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Seena787 Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 am

i like apple products but they are so expensive and just for this iPhone VS Android? 4864704
Seena787
Seena787
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down